Founded under the direction of attorney David V. Luu, our offices are centrally located in the cities of Santa Ana and Irvine to better serve the residents of Southern California, which includes Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, and Los Angeles County.
We are best known for helping people from all walks of life throughout Southern California to prevent, resolve, and litigate issues relating to their debts, personal injuries, and business or real estate transactions.
We are accredited by the Better Business Bureau and have an A+ Rating. In addition, we are accredited by the Business Consumer Alliance with a AAA Rating.
We are the proud recipient of the:
★2012, 2013 Avvo Litigation Clients’ Choice Award
★2012, 2013 Avvo Personal Injury Clients’ Choice Award
★2012, 2013 Avvo Bankruptcy Clients’ Choice Award
The firm’s founder, David V. Luu, is selected by Super Lawyers as a 2015 California Rising Star. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
Our Mission Statement
It is our mission to help: 1) you obtain just compensation for your injuries caused by the negligent or intentional acts of another, 2) get relief from your creditors and financial difficulties by employing the protections provided under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code, and 3) advise, draft, and review your real estate and business agreements to avoid costly mistakes; and, to litigate and obtain the most favorable outcome that might result from disputes concerning your business and real estate transactions.
We will give you clear and understandable advice concerning legal matters. We listen to what you have to say and tailor our advice and representation to meet your needs and budget. We promptly return your calls and respond to your e-mails and letters.
Types Of Clients We Help At the Law Offices of David V. Luu:
- We represent residents of Southern California who have been hurt because of the negligent acts of another.
- We represent residents of Southern California who have been hurt because of the intentional acts of another.
- We represent companies as well as individuals — debtors as well as creditors. At the Law Offices of David V. Luu we strive to provide excellent, economical legal services to large and mid-sized companies for matters that would be uneconomical if they used their regular “big law firm” outside counsel. We welcome referrals from other attorneys and are glad to work with them.
- We represent small businesses and individuals. At the Law Offices of David V. Luu every client is important to us and receives individual attention. We represent small businesses and individuals with debtor and creditor matters (including non-business consumer debtor matters) under Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code. We also represent businesses and individuals in commercial litigation matters.
- We represent individuals with personal bankruptcies under the Bankruptcy Code (Chapter 7 and Chapter 13). We believe each client and client matter is unique and deserves to be treated that way. We are not a “bankruptcy mill” and provide individualized service and attention to each of our clients. At our firm you meet with and your questions are answered by an attorney. In addition, unlike most firms the bankruptcy petition is prepared only by the attorney assigned to the case. As a result of the amendments to the Bankruptcy Code in 2005 it is critically important that anyone thinking of filing for personal bankruptcy make sure they hire an experienced and knowledgeable bankruptcy attorney.
- We represent individuals and businesses in drafting and reviewing real estate and business agreements to avoid costly mistakes.
- We represent individuals and businesses in litigating their real estate and business disputes.
Our Fee Arrangements:
Depending on the type of case involved, different fee arrangements may be offered for your benefit. These may include flat rates, fixed hourly rates, contingency fee arrangements, or a hybrid of fixed hourly rates and contingency.
To represent creditors in bankruptcy cases, or defendants in bankruptcy litigation, our fees are usually based on our hourly rates. We charge on an hourly rate to represent debtors in contested matters and adversary proceedings, and on a flat fee basis to represent debtors in chapter 7 and chapter 13 cases.
We usually perform personal injury work on a contingency fee basis (unless you would prefers a flat fee or hourly fee basis). Finally, we usually represent parties in real estate and business litigation matters on an hourly rate basis, but will consider alternative fee arrangements, such as fixed fees for different phases of the case, fee caps, success fees, or blended hourly fee and contingency fee arrangements.
Our hourly rates and fixed fee rates are very competitive with other law firms. For hourly rate matters we can provide you a written estimate of fees and costs.
The Next Step:
If you have been hurt and are looking to be justly compensated for your injuries, are hurting financially and need relief from your creditors, or are uncertain if that real estate or business deal is going to turn into a costly mistake, it is natural that you will feel some level of anxiety. However, you don’t need to go it alone. We may in a position to offer you a helping hand. But, you won’t ever know, unless you give us a call about the cause of your anxiety.
Contact the Law Offices of David V. Luu at (714) 697-8600 to speak with one of our helpful staff members and schedule an appointment for our office in Santa Ana or Irvine, or contact us online to schedule a convenient time for us to call you. If you need assistance in Chinese, please feel free to call us at (714) 697-8600 so that we may better assist you.
HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? Please see our FAQ page for answers to additional questions you may have.